Developed by: Boynton Moo Media and Loud Crow Interactive, Inc.
Experience Sandra Boynton’s The Going to Bed Book in a whole new way with this interactive story app. We love that Sandra Boynton’s quirky sense of humor is captured in the app interactions. At the same time, the app truly is soothing and captivating, perfect for bedtime!
Prepare to use the app by introducing one of these activities.
- Read picture books about bedtime routines with your child.
- Ask your child about bedtime routines. Help them describe their own routine step by step.
Help your child get the most out of an app experience by trying the following activities.
- Name that animal! The Going to Bed Book is full of animals. Help your child identify each animal and the sounds they make as they interact with the app and “pop-ups.”
- Backstory. The animals are on a boat in this story. Ask your child why they think this might be. Make up a story! Where are the animals going?
- Surprise! What part of the animals’ bedtime routine is unusual? What is exercise? Why are the animals doing it? Are there exercises your child likes to do?
- Sing. The stars in the final illustration twinkle and chime. After you and your child have filled the sky with them, sing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” together.
Extend the app experience with a real life activity.
- Exercise! If it is daytime and your child is not actually going to bed, have them invent their own exercise routine and demonstrate all the moves. Make weights (and other equipment) out of everyday objects such as water bottles. Ask your child to teach you the routine and do it together!
- Storytime. Read other Sandra Boynton books together.
- Get crafty. Use dark colored construction paper and white crayons, paint, or chalk to create a starry night sky. If your child is too young for this activity, try making a simple star mobile for them using construction paper, ribbon, and a coat hanger!