Here are five articles that I loved this week. All are about education, parenting, and tech. Enjoy, and remember to send us your favorite articles, too!
- Kids' artwork can tell you a lot about their future thinking skills. A recent study suggests that intellectual and artistic skills may be related to each other in a way that is connected with our genes. Read more >>
- Drilling kids on simple math might not be so bad after all. Whether or not kids make one crucial shift by 8 or 9 years old is known to predict their ultimate math achievement. Read More >>
- When you read with your child, do you take the time to have a conversation? The biggest advantages from story time from more than reading aloud alone. Read more >>
- What lessons can the American education system learn from classrooms in the developing world? These six lessons from two inspiring leaders give us much to consider. Read more >>
- The human touch in an age of technology. Recently, I gave a lecture for the SmartTalk series about the role of people in the digital age. Bette Midler spoke next in the series. Bette Midler, people! Watch the video >>