This week includes advice to tone down stories like "Pinocchio," and to turn up our inner math coach. Enjoy, and welcome to August!
5 Top Picks in Parenting, Education, and Tech
- Do you use moral parables to teach lessons in your home? Make sure that the stories you tell have the effect you intend. (Hint: Avoid The Boy Who Cried Wolf!)
- What happens when we design our schools like we design video games? We create a *new* type of literacy.
- Are pencil and paper tests a thing of the past, even for our youngest students? It seems likely.
- Reluctant math student on your hands? This excellent perspective suggests we coach math, not teach it.
- How to help your infant or toddler cope with stressful events.
Bonus: Check out our latest Zoobean curator profile of "virtual sponge" Dr. Sheila Frye!