What do broccoli, dialogic reading, and Mozart have in common? They all have a place on this week's Smart Picks. Enjoy!
5 Top Picks in Parenting and Education
- Serve the broccoli, but skip the lecture, or so says new research about being careful not to oversell the benefits of healthy foods to our kids.
- How can reading be a truly interactive experience? The author of one of our new favorite books details 15 different interactive reading techniques.
- A Harvard psychologist gives us 5 ways to raise our kids to be kind.
- Does Mozart make you smarter? Sort of. Learning to play a musical instrument impacts parts of our brains that support academic success.
- Leaving the television on can be detrimental to children's learning and development, according to a new study.
Bonus: Check out our latest Zoobean expert curator profile of "kidlit glitterati" Betsy Bird!
GET OUR SMART PICKS DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX WEEKLY! Sign up here.