This week's Smart Picks range from tiger moms to handwriting. Enjoy, and please continue to share your favorite articles on education, parenting, and tech with us!
5 Top Picks in Education, Parenting, and Tech
- It's no surprise that kids are incredibly curious little beings. But what drives their curiosity?
- Surprise, surprise, great moms come in all forms. A new study shows high school students are successful with and without a lot of pressure.
- Do your kids still learn handwriting? Does it matter? This journalist thinks it does, even as it fades in our schools.
- We're loving the Kinder by the Child project about teaching kindness to children in the early years.
- What is the crucial activity more dads should do with their kids? Hint: #DadsRead!
By Karen Williams & Flloyd Cooper
Our curator, Andrea, loves this story that features a father and son. With its beautiful illustrations, and "incidental ethnicity," Andrea finds this book to be a unique and beautiful tale. Read more about why she loves this book in our Library.
Our curator, Alex, has many favorite things about this app! Primary among them is the opportunity the app provides for spontaneous and exploratory learning at the child's initiative. Read more about why she loves this app in our App Library.