Welcome to all of our new community members following Zoobean's appearance on Shark Tank and investment from Mark Cuban!
Every week, I send out a list of recent news and information about education, technology, and parenting. Please enjoy, and remember to send us your favorite articles so we can share here in future weeks.
Top Picks from Education & Parenting News
- 7 tips for great parent-child communication that gets kids to open up to you
- 13 quotes from Gabriel García Márquez, the literary powerhouse we lost last week
- We worry about kids' screen time, but too much screen time for parents can also be detrimental.
- New research shows that reading picture books to kids (instead of "vocabulary learning" books) can teach them equally as much factual knowledge about the world.
- The overuse of tablets is being blamed for infants unable to use building blocks.
- Our curator Chrissy has a terrific post about the importance of storytelling with little ones.
- This piece explores the use of games (yes, video games) and play as vehicles for learning.
Featured App: The Human Body
Our curator Alexandra says, "This app provides a thorough and interactive exploration of the human body. I love the many levels of play and investigation, the informative handbook that is well worth the read, and the opportunities for parent-child interaction with the ability for kids to record and parents to reply to questions. This app is all about discovery, and parents will learn something, too! " Check it out in the Zoobean Library here.
Featured Book (and Deal!): The Dances of India
Our curator Ida says, "We love this book for its vibrant colors, lovely story, and fun way of introducing us to parts of Indian culture. Two adorable characters guide us, and there is almost no way to finish this book without getting up and rockin' out a little. You can't find this one in most bookstores, so we are especially fond of this unique find. " Check it out in Zoobean's Library, and use code ZBLOKA25 to save 25% when you purchase it through 2Lokas.