Spring is in the air!
Did someone say it's spring? Finally! This week's fresh picks are sure to get your first official spring weekend started off right!
- Has our preoccupation with kids' safety has stripped them of independence and risk-taking? A new kind of playground gets parents out of the way.
- Turns out preschool age kids have the innate ability to do....Algebra!
- New data shows that babies use verbs to help them acquire new nouns.
- Walter Dean Meyers poses this question: Where are the people of color in children's books? Stay tuned for a response from us on this one.
- This blog challenges teachers to inspire "audacious thinking" in their students. This also applies to inspiring the same in our own kids at home!
- Do letter grades deserve an F? Here is a case for overhauling traditional grading systems.
Like our Smart List? Spread the love by sharing it with your friends!